Course dates: dates for 2024 to be announced!
Please note information is from 2023's course which is subject to change in 2024.
Professor Jesus Fernandez-Villaverde from the University of Pennsylvania will be teaching a hands-on course on “Methods and Tools for Macroeconomists.”
Download Course Brochure
- Heterogenous-agent models in discrete and continuous time
- Solution techniques for heterogenous agent models
- Introduction to Continuous Time Models
- Dynamic programming in Continuous Time
- Machine Learning applied to macroeconomic models
- Empirical Methods in Machine Learning
Who can attend?
The course is open to students and practitioners in macroeconomics and aims to introduce participants to cutting edge methods and tools to develop macroeconomic models that account for heterogeneity.
Any Prior Requirements?
- No established knowledge in computing is required since the course will cover the basics and revision material will be offered in advance.
- However, familiarity with a scripting language such as Matlab, R, Stata, or Python would be an advantage.
- Participants are required to bring their own laptop equipped with MatLab and Julia.
The course can be attended either in person or remotely via Zoom. Applied sessions will be offered to the in-person participants only, and the written material of those sessions will be made available to remote participants.
Each day will begin from 9am with refreshments, and teaching will commence by 9.30am.
Teaching to all participants will conclude by 2.30pm each day, with in person only practical sessions following from 2.45pm - 4pm.
- Professionals: £1650
- Students and Academics: £1045
- Online only fee: £950
Please note we can only accept payment for the summer school via MasterCard, Visa credit card, Maestro or Visa debit card.
Once your application has been submitted, it will be reviewed by the course tutors. Please ensure that you provide all the necessary information to help us process your application as quickly as possible.
You will then receive an email notification to confirm whether or not you have been accepted onto the course. Please note this can take up to 3 weeks.
For those that have been offered a place, you will receive the link to pay the tuition fee and accommodation fee via a secure portal. Please note we require fee payment to confirm your place.
Once payment has been received, you will receive confirmation of your place on the course(s), and further information so you have everything you need.